7 Aug 2012

Palladium blues







Short: H&M
Shoes: Palladium
Sunnies: Rayban
Nail polish: American Apparel

This is my definition of a practical and light summer outfit, without looking like a girl scout... I have a fear to wear practical holiday outfits and look like a raincoat-wearing tourist in every photo. When on vacation I feel the need to look good, but also to feel good. To feel good needs some practical considerations most of the times, like: do wear cotton, don't wear synthetic fabric. So my main consideration; how do I look fabulous without sweating my ass off and feel uncomfortable? An every year returning subject.

My favourite shoes ever on a holiday are these Palladiums: 'Palladium pampa oxford lite pool blue'. They are light, comfortable and the colour really looks like a pool, which matches well with the palm trees of the blouse. (Now even on sale in the H&M webshop) Doesn't the print of the blouse and the pool-colour-shoes scream; 'I am on a holiday!'? 
While taking these photos I was visiting Tenganan, a small traditional Balinese village. I felt like blending in with my palm tree shirt. This outfit met my list of requirements for a good holiday outfit quite well, don't you think?

Photography: Marc Deurloo

2 comments:

  1. What a great summer holiday outfit! I love print on your shirt and those super fun bright blue shoes! Instantly makes me think of summer :)

    Pop by and visit my blog Taken By Surprise! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this top!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete